Saturday, July 31, 2004

Back to Atlanta

Back from a week working in Atlanta - I must have mellowed, because the place actually didn't seem so bad. When we left Atlanta three years ago, I never wanted to see it again. On this visit, I actually enjoyed being there - as a visitor. It didn't get very hot, but it was very humid - I felt damp and clammy all week. After living in this semi-arid environment, Atlanta seemed like a jungle to me! The traffic jams were minimal, and from where I was staying, I had an easy 20 minute commute to downtown.A friend remarked that I've been living at high altitude for some time now, and probably have more red blood cells than most people. He said that there's a theory that people who are acclimated to high altitude may become euphoric when they come down to lower climes. "It's the euphoria, Bev," he said, "not Atlanta!"